Luxe Salon opened its doors in October of 1998 and is one of the top rated hair salons in Denver. Salon owner Laurie Helmick and co-owner Jody Martinez have worked diligently to create a cutting edge hair salon only using the best professional hair care products which has become an institution in the Lower Downtown Denver area. Luxe strives to provide outstanding service, professionalism and excellence in hair artistry while enriching the community in which we live, work and play.
– 5280 MagazineVoted Luxe Salon as winner of Best of Denver in 2000, 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2009. Furthermore, 5280 honored Luxe as one of their “Classically Denver” top businesses.
– New York Fashion WeekLuxe team members were invited to participate with backstage styling teams at Spring 2012 and Spring 2013.
– America's BestWe were asked to create a short video for the cable channel “America’s Best.” Luxe stylists Jody Martinez, Dawn Addington, and Libby Freeborn shared styling tips – click here to watch the video!
– 5280 Magazine's Single in the CityThe entire styling team was chosen to provide exciting avant garde hair and makeup for feature looks at event, 2013.
– Oribe CanalisWorld famous hairdresser to the stars Oribe Canalis asked to visit Luxe when were the first salon in Colorado to carry his Oribe product line. We threw a party for the incredibly talented and prolific gentleman, and he personally shared his vision with the staff.
– Channel 7's A-ListLuxe shared the title of Best Hair Color in the Channel 7’s A-List winners of 2009.
– CitysearchCitysearch chose Luxe Salon as winner of Citysearch Best Salon.
– Riverfront Park Fashion & Westword's ArtopiaLuxe was selected to provide exclusive hair and makeup for the fabulous Riverfront Park Fashion events in 2008, 2009, and 2010, as well as Westword’s Artopia fashion shows in 2008.
– Allure & Figure MagazineLuxe Salon was featured in Allure Magazine, February 2005, as well as in Figure Magazine in April 2005.
– Allure & Figure MagazineLuxe Salon was featured on the CBS Early Morning Show in January 2005.
– The Ambush Makeover ShowIn 2003 Luxe was asked to be featured on The Ambush Makeover Show. Jody, Luxe co-owner and master stylist, and Andrea, our creative director, were the highlighted stylists for the show.
– The Learning ChannelLuxe was featured on “A Makeover Story” on The Learning Channel in November and December of 2001. Then in 2002, TLC once again invited us to provide the hair and makeup for another episode of “A Makeover Story” Our staff was honored with the opportunity to help the featured women look and feel their best.
Since Luxe opened, we have contributed over $100,000 to local non-profit organizations through our fundraising events and donations. We are honored to have had the opportunity to give back to the community.
Luxe’s 9th anniversary party, Positively DeLuxe, was a fundraising success! With the help of our generous community, we raised over $9,000 for Friends of Kids in Crisis.
– Denver SafehouseOur 8th Anniversary fundraiser brought in over $8,000 for Denver Safehouse.